Tag Archives: released

Photo released of one of two missing infant twins – recordnet.com

STOCKTON — The Police Department and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children have released a photograph of Setina Weddles, one of two 20-month-old twins whose disappearances came to the attention of officers on Jan. 4.

The National Center said a picture of Ren Weddles, Setina’s brother, is not available. Anyone with information about the children is asked to call (800) 843-5678 (800-THE LOST) or the Stockton police at (209) 937-7911.

The missing twins are of black and Cambodian descent. According to a flyer released by the national organization, the family was known to frequent several locations in the Central Valley and foothills around Stockton.

The parents, Aaron Weddles and Princess Canez-Walker, are in custody with bail set at $1.2 million each. They face eight counts of felony child endangerment. Their children range in age from 20 months to 14 years old. Aside from the missing twins,

Read more at: http://www.recordnet.com/news/20180117/photo-released-of-one-of-two-missing-infant-twins

Photo released of one of two missing infant twins

STOCKTON — The Police Department and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children have released a photograph of Setina Weddles, one of two 20-month-old twins whose disappearances came to the attention of officers on Jan. 4.

The National Center said a picture of Ren Weddles, Setina’s brother, is not available. Anyone with information about the children is asked to call (800) 843-5678 (800-THE LOST) or the Stockton police at (209) 937-7911.

The missing twins are of black and Cambodian descent. According to a flyer released by the national organization, the family was known to frequent several locations in the Central Valley and foothills around Stockton.

The parents, Aaron Weddles and Princess Canez-Walker, are in custody with bail set at $1.2 million each. They face eight counts of felony child endangerment. Their children range in age from 20 months to 14 years old. Aside from the missing twins,

Read more at: http://www.recordnet.com/news/20180117/photo-released-of-one-of-two-missing-infant-twins

Officer in child porn case released

An officer of the Guam Police Department accused of possessing and disseminating child pornography posted a $10,000 personal recognizance bond yesterday, allowing him to leave the Department of Corrections while awaiting trial.

Gregory Ray Quintanilla was arrested Thursday after detectives with GPD’s Criminal Investigation Division received information from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children that a “known child pornographic video” was received and forwarded on Quintanilla’s Facebook account.

Minor under age 14

According to court documents, NCMEC confirmed that the video in question is pornographic in nature and involves a minor under the age of 14.

Quintanilla faces a charge of possession of child pornography as a second-degree felony.

According to GPD spokesman Officer A.J. Balajadia, Quintanilla has been served administrative action. However, Balajadia would not confirm whether Quintanilla had been terminated, demoted, suspended or served a letter of reprimand.

Read more at: https://www.postguam.com/news/local/officer-in-child-porn-case-released/article_42862fc8-f1f0-11e7-ae8c-277009ceb0a4.html

Released from prison after overturned conviction, Wilbert Jones adjusts to freedom after 45 years

Wilbert Jones is back in a world he hasn’t known since he was 19 years old.

A refrigerator is still an ice box. Escalators are foreign machines. Frozen dinners taste “amazing.” Swiping a plastic card for payment takes practice.

But with the support of his family, Jones, 65, is slowly figuring out 21st-century Baton Rouge after almost 46 years in prison for a conviction that has since been overturned.

“It’s a whole new journey, a new experience for me,” Jones said. “It’s been almost 50 years, everything’s so different.”

Can’t see video below? Click here. 

Jones was convicted of aggravated rape in 1974 and sentenced to life in prison, but in November, a state district judge ruled that “highly favorable” evidence was withheld from Jones’ defense. That evidence, the judge said, had a “reasonable probability” of changing the original outcome in the case. Prosecutors have appealed that decision — a move opposed

Read more at: http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/courts/article_9796b9a6-decc-11e7-995b-d31e3bb14214.html

LaDura Watkins, convicted of murder then released, sues for $168M

CLOSE

LaDura Watkins and his attorney, Wolfgang Mueller, talk about his wrongful murder conviction that lost him 42 years of his live in prison.

A man who spent more than four decades in prison for a murder he maintains he didn’t commit has filed a $168-million lawsuit against police and a prosecutor who worked the case in the 1970s, as well as the city of Detroit.

In a 39-page lawsuit filed in federal court Wednesday, LaDura Watkins, 62, alleges authorities framed him for the 1975 murder of school teacher Yvette Ingram. In June, Watkins was

Read more at: https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2017/12/07/wrongful-murder-conviction-lawsuit-ladura-watkins-yvette-ingram/932431001/

More info released in search for missing woman

New information has been released in the search for a missing Terre Haute woman.

Assistant Police Chief Shawn Keen gave more details today in the search for Alice “Anita” Oswald, who was last seen Nov. 9.

The following news release was issued today:

“On November 10, 2017, at approximately 8:12 P.M., Alice A. Oswald F/77 was reported as a missing person by her daughter. Officers learned that Alice was last seen on November 9, 2017 at approximately 2:30 P.M. at the Harmony Haven animal shelter located at 1049 W Sanford Avenue, West Terre Haute, Indiana.

​”Through the course of the investigation, detectives learned that Oswald arrived at a heating and cooling business in the 2100 block of Maple Avenue at approximately 3:30 P.M. on November 9th. Oswald waited at the business until approximately 4:35 P.M., when staff informed her that the repair person was in route to one of her properties in the 1600

Read more at: http://www.tribstar.com/news/more-info-released-in-search-for-missing-woman/article_1aac96de-d532-11e7-92bb-7babc3d416b1.html

AMBER ALERT: New photos released in search for missing Onslow County toddler – WECT

ONSLOW COUNTY, NC (WECT) –

A statewide Amber Alert was issued Monday morning for a missing toddler in Onslow County.

According to the North Carolina Department of Public Safety, authorities are searching for 3-year-old Mariah Kay Woods.

She is about 2-feet-9 and weighs around 30 pounds. She has brown hair and blue eyes.

The Amber Alert states this is a child abduction case and the abductor was unknown at the time the alert was issued.

Late Tuesday evening, the FBI released surveillance images of a woman and a child taken from a Walmart in Morehead City. 

According to a release, the images were captured at approximately 9:30 a.m. on Monday. Officials are working to determine if the child in the images is Mariah. 

They are asking for the public’s help in identifying the woman and the child. 

The Onslow County Sheriff’s Office and FBI held a

Read more at: http://www.wect.com/story/36932357/amber-alert-new-photos-released-in-search-for-missing-toddler-in-onslow-county

Lavigne released from prison – Charleston Gazette

Leaving Huttonsville Correctional Center Wednesday was a milestone in Joseph Lavigne Jr.’s life and, as he returned to the Kanawha Valley, Lavigne was certain it wouldn’t be the last one.

At 59 years old, Lavigne walked out of the prison in Randolph County, where he was greeted by family, friends and representatives of the Innocence Project at the West Virginia University College of Law.

Even though he’s out of prison, Lavigne isn’t completely free, nor has he been declared innocent, but that didn’t damper the day for him.

“Right now, pretty much I’m just going to be working on restarting my life for the second time,” Lavigne said during a telephone interview while riding in a van with people wearing Innocence Project T-shirts as he traveled to meet his probation officer.

“I’ve had all the support from my family and friends the whole time,” he said. “It’s basically good to reconnect with everybody for

Read more at: https://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/cops_and_courts/lavigne-released-from-prison/article_918b76ef-7000-5d35-9d12-22d491377950.html