The early years certainly did not resemble how most people envision the benchmark moments in life.
She was born to a teen who became pregnant at the age of 15. Her father, a 22-year-old, was in jail on the day of her birth. A few months later Craig Aiken was returned to jail after police learned he was the man who impregnated an underage Shanara Mobley.
By now many people knew the name Kamiyah Mobley, the newborn abducted from a Jacksonville hospital in 1998. They worried about the infant and her young mother. They worried for the sake of future children and parents everywhere.
Where was she? How could it happen? Could it happen again?
Aiken and Mobley missed Baby Kamiyah’s first tooth. They weren’t there when she toddled on unsteady legs or when she came home from school swooning over a special crush.
Read more at: http://jacksonville.com/news/public-safety/2018-01-13/1-year-ago-baby-kamiyah-s-mystery-solved-family-reunited-and-another
VAN WERT – January is Human Trafficking Awareness month and as part of its mission the YWCA of Van Wert County will the area.
Y’s Julie Schaufelberger, who is heading up the plans, stated that
there are many sobering statistics that surround human trafficking and
its victims. There are a few types of trafficking that occur, with the
most prevalent being sex trafficking (73 percent), followed by labor (14
“Many people believe human trafficking is an
international problem when the reality is that 80 percent of trafficking
victims in 2011 were American citizens,” said Schaufelberger.
“Nationally, Ohio ranks fourth in the National Center for Missing and
Exploited Children and were likely child sex trafficking victims.”
She noted that the average age of girls who are forced into sex trafficking Is 12-17 years of age.
YWCA of Van Wert County’s mission is dedicated to eliminating racism,
empowering women and promoting peace,
Read more at: http://www.timesbulletin.com/Content/Default/Homepage-Rotator/Article/YWCA-observes-Human-Trafficking-Awareness-Month/-3/1168/213301
A Wichita Falls man was arrested Tuesday on a sealed indictment from 2015 for allegedly sexually assaulting a child.
Jason Wayne Carlile, 46, is charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child stemming from an incident in January of 2006.
He remained in the Wichita County Jail Thursday afternoon in lieu of $100,000 bail.
According to the sealed indictment, Carlile sexually assaulted a child younger than 14 years old on or about Jan. 1, 2006.
According to court documents:
Carlile was previously sentenced to 3 years in prison for indecency with a child on Oct. 4, 2007. The victim in that case – a 2-year-old male – appears to be a different victim than the one in the new indictment.
On June 18, 1994, Carlile “exposed the genitals of another adult
Read more at: http://www.timesrecordnews.com/story/news/crime/2017/12/28/man-indicted-sexual-assault-child-2006/988647001/
KINGSTON TWP. – A Shavertown man allegedly emailed two pictures of a naked girl but what may be more disturbing is what he told Luzerne County detectives.
Jacob Dembowski, 25, of Weavertown Road, allegedly told detectives he gets a “thrill” and sexual gratification of taking images of young females and certain body parts in public and not getting caught by parents or legal guardians, according to the criminal complaint.
Dembowski was arraigned Tuesday by District Judge James Tupper on third-degree felony counts of dissemination of photo or film of children engaged in sex acts and criminal use of communication facility. He was released on $20,000 unsecured bail.
According to the complaint:
A tip was reported by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children that a Google email was used to upload two images of child pornography in July.
The investigation determined a cellphone allegedly belonging to Dembowski was used to upload the images.
Read more at: http://www.timesleader.com/news/685999/shavertown-man-charged-with-child-pornography
A missing “at-risk” Tulare County man has been reunited with family, Tulare County sheriff’s deputies said.
Frank Santos Mejorado, 84, was found by deputies on Thursday in the Corcoran area.
“Our office would like to thank everyone who offered their assistance in returning him home safely to his family,” deputies stated.
Tulare County Sheriff’s deputies asked for the public’s help to find Mejorado Thursday afternoon. Residents were made aware of Mejorado’s disappearance after an automated alert was sent out by deputies.
Mejorado was described at 5-foot, seven inches tall, 170 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. The man suffered from Alzheimer’s and dementia and was considered at-risk.
He was last seen on Saturday in the Allensworth area driving a white 1979 Cadillac Coupe. Mejorado was still missing.
A Tulare man accused of molesting two children over several years is in jail, Tulare police said.
The arrest was made following a tip given to police by members of the Internet Crimes Against Children task force, which is made up of local, state and federal law enforcement agents.
Police believe 34-year-old Victor Olguin began molesting two children — 8 and 10 years old — in 2013.
Detectives said the victims knew Olguin, possibly related, but would not release additional details of the relationship.
Evidence was uncovered during the ICAC investigation which indicates there could be more children who were abused by Olguin, police said.
Sgt. Jon Hamlin said child pornography was found on electronic devices inside his Tulare home, where the molestation is suspected of happening.
Olguin was arrested and booked into
Read more at: http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/story/news/2017/12/14/tulare-man-accused-molesting-two-children-arrested/950270001/
ROCKVILLE, Md. — Police in Maryland say they have arrested two more people in the death of a man stabbed more than 100 times in an apparent MS-13 gang slaying.
Montgomery County police say 24-year-old Doris Giron-Jimenez and 22-year-old Albaro Rosa-Moreno were arrested Thursday. They are each charged with first-degree murder.
Last month, 19-year-old Miguel Angel Lopez-Abrego was charged in the death of a man whose body was discovered buried in a park in Wheaton in September.
Police say the victim was decapitated and dismembered. Court papers said the killers cut the victim’s heart out and threw it in the grave.
Court records don’t list lawyers for Giron-Jimenez and Rosa-Moreno.
Investigators have been unable to identify the victim.
Police still don’t know who the victim was. He was found buried in a First United Methodist Church Laurel sweatshirt. The victim also had a rosary with him. He had a missing tooth that
Read more at: http://pix11.com/2017/12/04/police-arrest-2-more-in-suspected-ms-13-killing-victim-was-stabbed-100-times/
A month-long, multi-agency child pornography investigation ended in the arrest of a Dinuba man, Tulare County sheriff’s deputies said.
Detectives with Tulare County Sheriff’s Department’s Cyber Forensics Investigations Unit were working with National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and officers with the Tulare Police Department when they received a cyber tip from Fresno Internet Crimes Against Children.
Sexually explicit images of children were being viewed and uploaded in Tulare County, deputies said.
An investigation began and search warrants were issued. Detectives identified David Castillo, 37 of Dinuba, as a suspect.
MORE: Visalia man suspected of distributing child porn
On Oct. 25, detectives issued a search warrant as Castillo’s home in the 1800 block of South Green Street in Dinuba.
Deputies said Castillo was not home but
Read more at: http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/story/news/2017/11/24/tulare-county-man-arrested-child-porn-allegations/892552001/
WASHINGTON — A 19-year-old MS-13 gang member was arrested in connection with the murder of a male who police said was stabbed over 100 times.
Montgomery County police said the victim’s body was found on Sept. 5 in Wheaton Regional Park in in Wheaton, Md. Detectives found the body in a grave. The victim’s body was exhumed and sent to the Office of Chief Medical Examiner. They ruled the death as a homicide. Police determined that the death was caused by sharp force injuries and the victim had been stabbed over 100 times.
The investigation shows that the MS-13 gang, which was founded by El Salvadoran immigrants, was behind the murder. Miguel Angel Lopez-Abrego, 19 was arrested and is being charged with first-degree murder. He was found in North Carolina on Nov. 11 and arrested
Read more at: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/11/23/ms-13-gang-member-arrested-after-stabbing/891099001/