Tag Archives: years

Hunterdon man faces 5 years in prison on child porn charges

CLOSE

Here’s what’s happening.
Joe Martino | Staff Video

FLEMINGTON – A Flemington man is facing five years in state prison after he pleaded guilty Wednesday on child pornography charges, including asking a 16-year-old autistic girl to send him sexually explicit pictures of herself.

Thomas A. Pirretti, 34, who pleaded guilty before Superior Court Judge Angela F. Borkowski, will also be required to register as a sex offender under Megan’s Law and will be subject to parole supervision for life. Sentencing for Pirretti is scheduled for Feb. 2.

The investigation revealed that Pirretti met the autistic victim, a 16-year-old California resident, on the Nintendo Network in October 2014.

READ: Operation Safety Net nabs 79 alleged child predators and

Read more at: http://www.mycentraljersey.com/story/news/crime/2017/12/13/hunterdon-man-faces-5-years-prison-child-porn-charges/949043001/

Skull found in Wayne County years ago identified as missing man – Scranton Times

Article Tools






A human skull discovered more than two years ago in Wayne County is that of a Connecticut man who disappeared in 2011, Coroner Edward Howell said today.

The remains were positively identified as

Read more at: http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/skull-found-in-wayne-county-years-ago-identified-as-missing-man-1.2277797

Ex-Macomb board spokesman sentenced to 10 years on child porn charges



Former high-profile media relations executive Philip Frame was sentenced Monday to serve 10 years in prison for having an enormous amount of child pornography materials in his Shelby Township condominium.

Frame, who had been free on personal bond, was immediately taken into custody following his sentencing before Judge John Corbett OMeara in U.S. District Court in Detroit.

In court documents, federal prosecutors called Frames collection of child pornography disturbing and said a search of his email account showed he shared the materials with others.

These images depict the

Read more at: http://www.macombdaily.com/general-news/20171211/ex-macomb-board-spokesman-sentenced-to-10-years-on-child-porn-charges

California man freed after 15 years for shaken baby death

A California man who spent 15 years in prison for shaking his baby to death was freed Saturday, one day after a judge set aside his conviction.

Zavion Johnson, 34, walked out of the Sacramento County jail, where he was being held while his court case was heard. He had been serving a sentence of 25 years to life at a state prison in Vacaville.

Johnson was “both loving and trying to adjust to freedom,” said his attorney, Paige Kaneb with the Northern California Innocence Project at Santa Clara University School of Law.

Johnson was convicted of second-degree murder in the 2001 death of his daughter, Nadia.

At trial, more than a dozen witnesses described him as a gentle and caring father.

Johnson testified that he accidentally dropped the 4-month-old in the bathtub while rinsing her off in the shower. She hit her head and later

Read more at: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/california-man-freed-15-years-shaken-baby-death-51693308

DC police release composite of 3-month-old kidnapped 34 years ago

– DC police have released a composite sketch of what a 3-month-old girl who was kidnapped 34 years ago would look like now.

Authorities say April Williams was just a baby when she was snatched from her mother’s arms at a bus station in the 1200 block of New York Avenue, Northwest near downtown on Dec. 2, 1983.

Officials said the suspect identified herself as Latoya, but could also go by Rene or Rene Latoya. Investigators said the suspect could have a sister named Latisha or Natisha and could have an astrological sign of a “Leo.”

The suspect was described as a young female with a slim build, standing about 5 feet 3 inches tall with spots on her face. Detectives said the suspect also had her ears pierced with two holes in each ear.

Williams had a notable birthmark on the top of her left wrist in a straight line, according to investigators.

The National Center for Missing

Read more at: http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/dc-police-release-composite-of-3-month-old-kidnapped-34-years-ago

Detroit man freed after 41 years sues for $168M over 1975 murder conviction

CLOSE

LaDura Watkins and his attorney, Wolfgang Mueller, talk about his wrongful murder conviction that lost him 42 years of his live in prison.

A man who spent more than four decades in prison for a murder he maintains he didn’t commit has filed a $168-million lawsuit against police and a prosecutor who worked the case in the 1970s, as well as the city of Detroit.

In a 39-page lawsuit filed in federal court Wednesday, LaDura Watkins, 62, alleges authorities framed him for the 1975 murder of school teacher Yvette Ingram. In June, Watkins was

Read more at: https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2017/12/07/wrongful-murder-conviction-lawsuit-ladura-watkins-yvette-ingram/932431001/

Tips sought to help identify remains found 23 years ago in Alcona County

CURTISVILLE – Investigators from the Michigan State Police (MSP) Alpena Post and the Alcona County Sheriff’s Department (ACSD) are seeking information to help identify human remains found in northern Michigan 23 years ago.

A bow hunter discovered the skeletal remains in October 1994 while walking in a wooded area off Bamfield Road, between Curtisville and the Alcona Dam, according to police. 

The ACSD was the lead investigating agency, with the MSP crime lab assisting in the recovery of the remains from the scene.

Michigan State University anthropologists have determined the remains to be that of a female, 30-50 years old, who was approximately 4 ft. 7 in. to 5 ft.  6 in. tall.

She was likely of European ancestry, but no population group should be excluded, according to authorities.

Evidence of a fracture to the skull indicates she may have experienced some type of trauma at or

Read more at: http://www.iosconews.com/news/crime/article_db3f322c-d9f0-11e7-83d4-4ffd205c7612.html

Orleans DA fights to reinstate conviction of man freed after 36 years in 1980 killing

New Orleans prosecutors don’t care if John Floyd stays free. Yet on Monday they nonetheless asked a federal appeals court to reinstate his conviction for a 1980 slashing in the French Quarter.

Floyd left the Louisiana State Penitentiary at Angola in June after 36 years behind bars for the 1980 killing of a Times-Picayune proofreader.

U.S. District Judge Sarah Vance overturned his conviction, finding that his trial was marred by missing evidence and a dubious confession. Orleans Parish District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro’s office agreed to his release from prison pending the outcome of its appeal of Vance’s ruling.

Since then, Floyd has lived inside a donated Winnebago Adventurer on a farm near Lafayette.

Floyd put on a suit Monday and sat in the ornate main courtroom of the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to hear arguments on whether he can continue his peaceful life.

The DA’s Office says Vance overstepped her bounds as a federal judge

Read more at: http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/news/courts/article_338c40c8-d942-11e7-8f49-cb6890aa48f4.html

Man sentenced to 30 years in prison after admitting to sexually abusing 4-year-old girl – New York’s PIX11 / WPIX

William Harvey Watson received a 30 year sentence on a charge of sexual battery of a victim under the age of 13, and 25 years for each charge of the 250 counts of possession of child pornography and 27 counts of production of child pornography of children under the age of 13.

COVINGTON, La. — A 24-year-old Louisiana man will spend the next 30 years behind bars after pleading guilty to sexually abusing a 4-year-old girl and possessing and producing child pornography.

William Harvey Watson received a 30 year sentence on a charge of sexual battery of a victim under the age of 13, and 25 years for each charge of the 250 counts of possession of child pornography and 27 counts of production of child pornography of children under the age of 13.

All of the sentences will be served at the same time, according

Read more at: http://pix11.com/2017/12/04/man-sentenced-to-30-years-in-prison-after-admitting-to-sexually-abusing-4-year-old-girl/

Slidell man sentenced to 30 years after admitting to sexually abusing 4-year-old girl

WGNO WEB DESK

COVINGTON, LA — A 24-year-old Slidell man will spend the next 30 years behind bars after pleading guilty to sexually abusing a 4-year-old girl and possessing and producing child pornography.

William Harvey Watson received a 30 year sentence on a charge of sexual battery of a victim under the age of 13, and 25 years for each charge of the 250 counts of possession of child pornography and 27 counts of production of child pornography of children under the age of 13.

All of the sentences will be served at the same time, according to the St. Tammany Parish District Attorney’s Office.

Watson was briefly left alone with the 4-year-old in February of this year.

When the girl’s mother returned home, the front door was locked, and it took Watson several minutes to open it.

When Watson finally let the child’s mother into the home, she discovered that her daughter’s clothing was

Read more at: http://www.ktvq.com/story/36986954/slidell-man-sentenced-to-30-years-after-admitting-to-sexually-abusing-4-year-old-girl